Tuesday, November 3, 2009

#9. The Secret Seven


Last week, while I'm at the school library, I saw my school library teacher cataloging one of my long time favourite book - The Famous Five by Enid Blyton. I'm so surprised to see that books there. I'm start to think about buying that book for myself. More ever, its been a long time I didn't read story books. So, I decide to look after it at Popular Bookstore when I have a visit over there.

I try searching for that books at Popular Gurney Plaza and Prangin Mall but what a shame :- none of that place have it. So I decide to go to Tan Mark Bookstore. After asking about the book from Tan Mark tauke, he showed me the book section. There they are...waiting for me to buy them! But I'm so surprised to find out that The Famous Five character that I used to read before in Malay language is not there!

The Famous Five character I know are Eddie, Mona, Dean,George and their dog, Tompok. Because of that, I refuse to buy that book. Suddenly, I found something even interesting - The Secret Seven Books! Oh my..I still can remember reading The Secret Seven books while I'm in primary school and of coz it was in Malay language.

In Malay language books, all the characters are with an Indian name headed by Rama, his sister, Sarojini, followed by their friends Mala, Pamela, Khana, Balan and Chandran. Rama and Sarojini got a dog named Bobo and Balan got a little mean sister who always want to join the Secret Seven Club named Susila. Actually, I grew up with all this character until I'm entering secondary school where I lost my reading hobby.

In its original Secret Seven series, the characters are Peter, Janet, Jack, Barbara, Pam, Colin and George with a dog named Scamper. Reading this book really bringing back all sweet memories while I'm still young. I hope I can finish up all the series during this coming school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment